[Wanderlust Tips March 2018] When the night comes down, you do not have to stay indoors and wait until dawn to visit attractions, as this is the perfect time for exciting and unique journeys. In order to have great memories forever, keep in mind the following tips for a safe and relaxing drive through the night.
1. Keep headlights, taillights, signal lights and windows clean.
2. Check to be sure headlights are properly aimed, even in a new car.
3. Dim instrument panel and dash lights.
4. Turn headlights during early twilight.
5. Keep proper speed and distance with distance from the vehicles
6. Make sure your speed would allow you to come to a complete stop within the distance illuminated by your headlights.
7. Do not use high beams when following or approaching another vehicle.
8. Use the right edge of the road as a visual guide if blinded by oncoming lights.
9. Watch for the flash of headlights; they may indicate approaching hills or hairpin curves.
10. Adjust the rearview mirrior to eliminate bright reflection from following cars.
11. Periodically stop for light snacks, exercise or a nap
12. Wear glasses with anti-reflective lenses, even with perfect vision.
13. Keep your eyes moving rather than focusing on one area.
14. Never drink and drive.